Olugbenga Adelekan, also known as Olugbenga, is a Nigerian born music producer. Olugbenga is known as a solo act and as the bass player of the Mercury Music Prize Award nominees Metronomy.
Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Adelekan later moved with his family to The Hague, The Netherlands. He moved back to Nigeria in his teens but, at the age of 16, later settled in England, where he started making original music.
Adelekan studied at King’s College, Cambridge, a constituent college of the University of Cambridge, where he read English Literature.
In 2012 Olugbenga toured Asia, Australia, Russia and the UK, as well as festivals across Europe including Field Day (UK), Dot to Dot Festival (UK), off Sonar (Spain), Soundwave Festival (Croatia), Kendal Calling (UK) and Summer Sundae Weekender (UK).
Olugbenga performs using Ableton Live and MIDI controllers.
- Pink Violence – “Untitled [OLUGBENGA Edit]”, 2011, Free MP3
- Youthless “Golden Age” [Olubenga edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Ezra Bang & Hot Machine “Cadillac” [Olubenga edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Tallulah Rendall “Ghost On The Water” [Olubenga edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Error Operator “Mistakes Mk3” [Olubengla glossilalia edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Napoleon IIIrd “This Town/I Try/Leaving Copenhagen” [Olubenga edit] ft. Karl Nova, 2011, MP3 file
- Esben and the Witch “Hexagons IV” [Olubenga edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Ghostpoet “Liiines” [Olubenga ares edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Three Trapped Tigers “Reset” [Olubenga edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Diagrams “Hill” [Olubenga edit], 2011, MP3 file
- Jim Kroft – “Ulysses” [Olubenga edit], 2012 MP3 file
- Seye “White Noise” [Olubenga edit], Stranger Records, 2012, MP3 file
- Olugbenga “Epic & Blues EP [free download]”, 2012, MP3 file