Cecil John Patterson CBE CMG CFR (9 January 1908 – 11 April 1992) was an Anglican bishop in the mid part of the 20th century. He was born in London, educated at St Paul’s and St Catharine’s College, Cambridge and ordained in 1932. He was a Curate at Holy Innocents, Kingsbury and then a Missionary in south Nigeria before his appointment to the episcopate as Assistant Bishop (1942) then Bishop on the Niger (1945). In 1961 he became Archbishop of the Church of the Province of West Africa. He retired in 1969 and his grave is in Richmond Cemetery. He had become a Doctor of Divinity (DD).